WHAT IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information we collect that is capable of identifying an individual (“personal information”).
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
Through your access and use of our website by telephone, letter, fax or email during conversations between you and our representatives by contracting with us by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us completing surveys, providing feedback or complaining to us
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
From third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers) your employer publicly available sources of information or any other organizations where you have given your consent
In order to provide you with services, answer your enquiries, deal with your requests or improve the services we offer you, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information, such as your name, email and other contact details (including information that you provide by filling in forms on the web site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the web site, subscribing to our services, posting material, requesting further services or subscribing to newsletters, open homes, or accessing our social media We may also ask you for personal information if you report a problem with the web site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that
- Details of transactions you carry out through the web site or links from our site
- Details of your visits to the web site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access. If we do not collect this personal information from you, we may not be able to provide you with the services or assistance you have
How do we use your personal information? We may use personal information in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your
- To provide a better service to you, for instance, by automatically populating forms on the web site by which you make enquiries of selected agents working in conjunction with modern
- To provide you with service information, products or services that you request from
- ) Use personal information held about you to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you and
- ) Share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or If we do use your personal information in these ways, we will always give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing in the future.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do
- To notify you about changes to our service and remind you of your password and username.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose information held about you to the following types of organisations:
- Our agents whom we work in conjunction with and their
- Third party suppliers who we have engaged to provide you with goods or services on our behalf, so that they can meet your request for those goods or
- Third party suppliers of goods and services so that they can contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or If we do disclose your personal information for this purpose, we will always give you the opportunity to request that your information not be disclosed for this purpose in future.
- Relevant public authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where, either:
- We have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; or
- We believe, in good faith, that the law requires
- We also disclose real estate agent contact details (which may include a profile photo) in association with listings or advertisements on the web
- Storage, Security and Processing
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to the web site, and we review and update our security measures in light of current Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
However, we will endeavor to take reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also use reasonable endeavors to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees, contactors and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we are not responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to your personal information.
Data (including personal data) submitted by modernagents.com.au‚ customers and visitors to the web sites may be held on servers located throughout Australia.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyze trends, administer the website and track users movements.
Cookies are data that a web site transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies, which are industry standard and are used by most web sites, including this web site, can facilitate a user’s ongoing access to and use of a site. They allow us to customize the web site to your needs and serve targeted advertising.
DIRECT MARKETING MATERIALS
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavor to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities/unsubscribe provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
If we provide links to web sites outside of this web site, as well as to third party web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to the web site. Before disclosing your personal information on any other web site, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that web site and its privacy statement.
CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS
Post: PO Box 1606, Buddina QLD 4575
FURTHER DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner – OAIC https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy-law/privacy-act/